Mau is open for dinner take-out and delivery (through Doordash and Caviar), Monday-Saturday, 5:30pm – 8:30pm. We look forward to seeing you. Be safe!
Dear Friends and Neighbors —
Mau is currently closed due to SF shelter-In-Place orders. However, you can order for delivery through Caviar or visit our sister restaurant, Tin Vietnamese Cuisine, in SoMa Monday-Saturday, 12pm-1:130pm and 530pm-830pm.
We hope to be back in the near future. Thank you for your support. Stay safe and healthy!
Starting in April, MAU will be CLOSED on MONDAYS!
New hours of operation will be:
MON – CLOSED
TUE – 12pm-3pm, 530pm-10pm
WED – 12pm-3pm, 530pm-10pm
THU – 12pm-3pm, 530pm-10pm
FRI – 12pm-3pm, 530pm-10pm
SAT – 12pm-3pm, 530pm-10pm
SUN – 12pm-3pm, 530pm-10pm
Thank you all and see you soon!
Mau will reopen Wednesday, November 8th.Expect a new — more dynamic — menu combining all of the dishes of the last five years with new dishes Chef Khai is developing after some time back in Vietnam.Thank you for your continuing support.Cheers!Mau
WE ARE HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE MAU WILL BE REOPENING ON NOVEMBER 8TH AT 12PM. SEE YOU ALL SOON!!!
MAU is hiring for a KITCHEN MANAGER.
Qualifications & Skills:
– 2 years minimum experience in kitchen management, along with experience as prep cook, line cook, and expediter
– Knowledge of ordering, product control, and cost management
– Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
– Strong leadership and decision-making skills
– Proven organizational and teambuilding skills
– Ability to work long hours
– Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
– Manage a staff of 15+ kitchen employees
– Work with the GM and owners for general restaurant success and accountability
– Maintain high product quality and consistency
– Ordering inventory and inventory control
– Recruiting and team management
– Scheduling and staffing
– Active participation in food preparation and production
– Compliance with food safety standards
– Ensure kitchen organization and cleanliness
– Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
– Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
– Weekends required
– Bi-lingual preferred
– Food Handlers Permit required
– Competitive Salary Dependent on Experience
-Paid Time Off
– Performance-Based Bonuses
Please reply via email with resumes and references in the body of your email. Thank you.
New to Vietnamese cuisine? Have a restrictive diet? We get asked about the differences between the noodles at MAU every day, so we wanted to break it down for all you curious folk out there!
- Vermicelli –Long, thin rice noodles. Vermicelli is the base of our Bun Bowls in our “Noodles without broth” section. You can also find these noodles in the soups, Bun Rieu and Bun Moc. Gluten Free!
- Wonton Noodle –Square noodles made with flour and egg, wrapped around a filling of shrimp, pork, garlic, onion and pepper. For an added treat you can add these hand-made delicacies to any of our soups.
- Pho Noodle –Long, thin, square-cut, rice noodles. They are firmer yet thinner than vermicelli and can be found in our Pho Bo, Pho Ga, Pho Tofu, and Hu Tieu soup. Gluten Free!
- Thick Vermicelli –Affectionately called ‘BBH Noodles’ by our staff, these are the plump version of vermicelli which you can find in our spicy “Noodles With Broth” soup, Bun Bo Hue. Gluten Free!
- Egg Noodle –Long, spiraled, wheat noodle made with egg; a popular Pho upgrade for our carb-lovers.
- Kelp Noodle –Translucent noodles made from a kelp extract. These crunchy noodles form the base of our Kelp Noodle Salad. They are gluten free, low in starch, and high in nutrients!
We are so pleased to unveil our new website. We hope you will find it user friendly, informative and engaging!!! Feel free to drop us a line and let us know what we could improve on! Mau down all!
6.15.17 >> NEW SUMMER COCKTAIL PROGRAM IS HERE!!! <<
Stop by MAU and try our exciting new craft cocktails!!!